40 real, active, and engaging names across the healthcare spectrum to expand your network and 10 industry leaders you need to have in your feeds.
Medika Life has analyzed data from various sources and used various analytical tools to arrive at this list. It is based on individual reach social impact, and a number of other factors. We have tried as best as possible to filter out the effects of covid-19 on the listings. Covid-19 has skewed our view of the industry and given prominence to voices that would normally not impact the sector.
We have strived to identify voices that carry weight, both within their chosen fields of expertise and across the broader industry. These are the voices that affect change and they are all driven with a singularity of purpose. Creating a better, more accessible, more equitable healthcare system.
These individuals enjoy instant amplification and their opinions affect and direct trends and policy. They are, in short, influencers. These are the names to watch in healthcare in 2021 and beyond.
The Top 50 List for Healthcare in 2021
The list below has been built in the following way
- Numbers 1–10 contain recognized names in the industry, most of whom, you’ll be familiar with. They’re unlikely to engage, but you’d be amiss not to have them in your feeds.
- The people listed from 11 -45 are industry experts, enablers, and influencers who engage. They are vocal on issues that affect the delivery of care, equality, and accessibility across the entire health spectrum, from legal to policy to individuals like Espree Devora, included for enabling and facilitating discussion.
- the slots, 46–50 we reserved for bright lights only now emerging and names we recommend watching and connecting with. They promise influential futures within the healthcare sector.
All the names below have linked social media profiles. Reach out and connect. By doing this you help add impetus to their ideas and visions for a better healthcare system. Please let us know, via the email listed in the footer if any of the Social Media links are broken or misdirecting.
It is also worth noting that the numerical placement of the last forty names should not be seen as any form of ranking, the numbers are merely indicative of the list.
- Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Arguably the face of sensible Covid-19 policy response in the U.S. Absent from social media, you can keep up speed with his official announcements via the NIH NIAID Twitter account
- Tom Inglesby, director of Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. Follow him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Michael Dowling, president, and CEO of Northwell Health. Follow and connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Gene Woods, president, and CEO of Atrium Health. Connect with him on Linkedin
- Beverly Malone, president, and CEO of the National League for Nursing. Follow her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Susan Bailey, president of the American Medical Association. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Jason Gorevic, CEO of Teladoc Health. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Susan DeVore, CEO of Premier Inc. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Judith Faulkner, founder, and CEO of Epic Systems. Sadly, no social media accounts for one of the ten most wealthy women in the US.
- Randy Oostra, president and CEO of ProMedica. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Kevin Pho, founder of KevinMD.com and USA Today Contributor. Considered by many to be the voice of healthcare on social media. Connect with him on Twitter, Youtube, and Linkedin
- Eric Topol, a World-renowned cardiologist and mobile health enthusiastic. Editor in chief of Medscape and Scripps Research EVP. Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- Berci Mesko, Director of The Medical Futurist Institute. Top 10 “healthcare voices” on LinkedIn. Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- João Bocas,CEO andfounder at the WearablesExpert,Speaker and thought leader.Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Medium, and Linkedin
- Irma Rastegayeva, co-founder at eViRa Health, Digital Storytelling and Social Media. Connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- John Nosta, host of TQ Podcast, founder of Nostalab.com, Google Health Advisory Board, WHO Health Tech. Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- Paul Sonnier, author,innovation and growth strategist, digital health at PA Consulting. Founder Digital Health group, Linkedin. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Jennifer M. Joe, CMO at Biocognive Inc, CEO of Vanguard Health, Founder Medstro/MedTech Boston.Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Gil Bashe, health advocate and managing partner at Finn Partners. Thought leader, innovation in digital health and biopharma, author. Connect with him on Twitter, Medium, and Linkedin
- Dave deBronkart, Mayo visiting prof, speaker, and a pioneer of the patient engagement movement. This is ePatient Dave. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Esther Choo, team leader at EQ Medicine, gender bias in medicine, gender discrimination, and women’s careers in the popular press and the scientific community. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Shwen Gwee, founder of PharmFresh.TV. VP and global head, Digital strategy at BMS News, named a Top 40 “Healthcare Transformer”. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Rafael Grossmann, surgeon, innovator, technology & medicine binomial/digital health. Google glass surgery world-first. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Todd Eury, founder, and CEO of Pharmacy Podcast Network, The insider voice of pharma. Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- Mandi Bishop, VP of healthcare research at Gartner. Data Evangelist and Keynote speaker, Participatory Medicine Advocate. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Evan Kirstel, co-founder at enViRa Health. Health and Technology alliances. Social Media. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Lygeia Ricciardi,advisor at Carium, named among Most Influential & Most Powerful Women in Health IT, Connect with her on Twitter, and Linkedin
- Sam Shah, Chief Medical Strategy Officer. Faculty of Future Health and Global Digital Advisor. Connect with him on Twitter, Medium, and Linkedin
- Megan Ranney, director at Brown Center for Digital Health. Co-founder at Affirm Research and GetUsPPE. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Jamey Edwards, co-founder and CEO at Cloudbreak Health, Telemed, Digital Health and Humanize Healthcare.Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Sahba Ferdowsi, founder, and CEO of Housemed. The Concierge Doc. Startup and Healthcare transformer. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- C. Michael Gibson, CEO of the combined non-profit Baim and PERFUSE Scientist, Educator and Med News Anchor. Connect with him on Twitter, and Linkedin
- Lori J. Pierce, President of ASCO, advocates for equality and accessibility of cancer care patients. Connect with her on Twitter
- Nick Adkins, co-founder of Pinksocks.life. Combining the power of social good with healthcare.Connect with him on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- Danielle Jones, perhaps better known as Mama Doctor Jones Patient-centered care and women’s health.Connect with her on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Linkedin
- Ashish K. Jha, Dean at Brown University School of Public Health. Considered commentary on public health. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Espree Devora, the new icon of Clubhouse and an enabling social media powerhouse for communication and networking. Connect with her on Twitter, Medium, and Linkedin
- Brian Ahier, Health I.T. expert at MITRE, thought leader in digital health with a focus on health data exchange. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Laurie Baedke,Director of Healthcare at Creighton HEE, author, mentor, andhost of Growth Edge leadership podcast. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Gavin Yamey,Director, Center for Policy Impact in Global Health, Duke University. TIME magazine columnist. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Rob Yates, Senior Research Fellow at Chatham House, political health economist, universal health coverage (UHC). Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Ritesh Patel, CDO for Health and Wellness, Ogilvy. A/R, V/R Chat Bots, AI and Social media innovator. Connect with him on Twitter,
- Eugene Borukhovich, Founding Board Member of YourCoach Health. Pharma, coaching, startups, digital. Connect with him on Twitter, and Linkedin
- Edward Marx, Alum: CDO at Cleveland Clinic, now CDO at Mahindra Tech, Developing leaders and leveraging digital health, podcast. Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Nisha Mehta, founder of Physician Side Gigs, the business of medicine, keynote speaker, Linkedin Top Health Voice. Connect with her on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
- Cristian Cortés Fernández, CEO & Founder at Exponential Digital Health. First Virtual Therapists, disruptive innovations, and health tech startups. Connect with him on Linkedin
- Bianca Rose Phillips, founder at Voice Tech Lab. Global Digital Health Law & Innovation, Podcasts, Voice of Law, Digital Health Series. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Adimika Arthur, Executive Director, HealthTech for Medicaid (HT4M.org)health advocate for vulnerable populations.Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
- Andrew Richards, co-founder at Amend Health and Pinksocks.life. Technologist, Brewer, Runner, Coder. Healthcare.Connect with him on Twitter and Linkedin
- Uché Blackstock, founder & CEO at Advancing Health Equity. Health activism, author, Yahoo news, and public speaker. Connect with her on Twitter and Linkedin
We hope you find this list useful and that it serves to broaden your networks. The speed and efficacy with which meaningful policy changes and practices are implemented across the healthcare sphere are determined to a large degree by many of the voices on this list. Let’s do our part to ensure they are heard. Follow and engage for positive change.
In March, Medika Life will release its Top 50 Health Companies List for 2021 featuring many of the companies referenced above and a flurry of new entrants showing early promise.
Spotted a gremlin?
While due care has been taken in compiling this list and adding the social media links, we’ve been known to get it wrong on occasion. Please do get in touch to rectify typos, amendments, or ommissions at email@example.com