Medika Life respects the intellectual property of others and we ask that our users abide by our guidelines. We have adopted and implemented copyright guidelines respecting copyright law that provide for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination of accounts belonging to users who are repeated infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights.
Reporting suspected infringement to Medika
If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of medika.life, unlawfully infringing copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our Copyright Department
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed, including links or photos to said materials that clearly indicate ownership or authorship of the material
- identification of the material on our servers that you claim is infringing and that you are requesting us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you in good faith belief that the use of the identified material is not authorized by the copyright owner or duly appointed agent under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
Medika will investigate the claim and if in our opinion copyright has been infringed, we will remove the content from our servers and issue a notice to the infringing party informing them of our response and cautioning them against further infringement. During the course of our investigation we may request additional information from both parties before concluding our findings..
If you intend to pursue the matter further we recommend taking copies of the reported material prior to reporting it, as we will delete all copies of the material held on our servers. Please submit Infringement concerns to [email protected]
Protecting our User’s and Authors rights
All materials on Medika, unless otherwise noted on the materials, are published under a Creative Commons license (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs
CC BY-NC-ND) and we encourage the sharing of these materials subject to the following conditions:
- Proper attribution which must include a link to the material and reflect both the name of the author and the Medika website.
- The reproduced materials should be published in their entirety and not edited or changed. Where portions of text are referenced, please ensure the original intention and context of the author is clearly discernible.
- The referenced materials may not be used for commercial purposes and derivatives are prohibited.
- Click here to view a human readable License deed for the CC BY-NC-ND
For materials that are flagged as not falling under the Creative Commons License, you may still reproduce these if we agree. Please direct an email to [email protected] including the following details;
- Your contact details
- Indicate where you would like to reproduce the material
- A brief explanation of why you wish to use the material
- A clear link to the material you wish to reproduce
Copyright infringement of material published on Medika
If your work has been used in contravention of the above Creative Commons license or other materials you’ve created and published on Medika have been reproduced without your specific consent, please let us know and we will pursue the matter on your behalf. To that end, we will require the following information;
- A link to the article in question on the Medika Server
- Your user name, email and contact number
- A link to the page where your material has been reproduced
This information can be submitted to Medika Life directly from the messaging tab in your profile or you can email [email protected]